‘ろ’ is romanized ‘ro’ and pronounced ‘ro’ as in ‘rock’.
Words with ‘ろ’:
‘ ろ’ at the beginning:
- ６/ろく (roku -> (num) six))
- ６月/ろくがつ (rokugatsu -> June)
- ろう引き/ろうびき (roubiki -> waxing)
- ろう者/ろうしゃ (rousha -> deaf person)
- ろくろ師/ろくろし (rokuroshi -> turner; thrower)
- 路上/ろじょう (rojou -> (on the) road; (on the) way)
- 露国/ろこく (rokoku -> Russia)
‘ ろ’ in the middle:
- 野郎/やろう (yarou -> rascal)
‘ ろ’ at the end:
- 色/いろ (iro -> colour; color; complexion; appearance; look; love; lust; sensuality; love affair; lover; kind; type; variety)
- だろ (daro -> seems; I think; I guess; I wonder; I hope; don't you agree?; I thought you'd say that!)
- お風呂/おふろ (ofuro -> bath)
- 白/しろ (shiro -> white)
- 黒/くろ (kuro -> black; dark)
- 後ろ/うしろ (ushiro -> back; behind; rear)
The hiragana ‘ろ’ looks a lot like number ‘3’. So it'll be easy to memorize~
Task: You shall write ‘ろ’ 50 - 100 times in your textbook. Memorize the shape, the stroke order, the sound, the pronunciation (echo the sound of the character each time you write it down), etc.
And after you are finished with that, write ‘ら’, ‘る’, ‘り’, ‘れ’, and ‘ろ’ one after each repetitively ( etc.) 50 times (100 if you have time).
CHARACTER OF THE DAY!
With this, we had finished the 'ra' group. We will now be moving to the 3 'extra' characters!