‘わ’ is romanized ‘wa’.
Words with ‘わ’:
‘わ’ at the beginning:
- 悪い/わるい (warui -> bad; poor; inferior; evil; sinful; unprofitable; unbeneficial; at fault; to blame; in the wrong; sorry)
- 笑い/わらい (warai -> laugh; laughter; smile; sneer)
- 笑う/わらう (warau -> to laugh; to smile; to sneer; to ridicule)
- 若/わか (waka -> youth; child (esp. of the young son of someone of high social standing))
- 分かる/わかる (wakaru -> to be understood; to be comprehended; to be grasped; to become clear; to be known; to be discovered; to be realized; to be realised; to be found out)
- 態態/わざわざ (wazawaza -> expressly; specially; doing something especially rather than incidentally)
‘ わ’ in the middle:
- 座る/すわる (suwaru -> to sit; to squat; to assume (a position); to hold steady; to hold still)
- 触る/さわる (sawaru -> to touch; to feel)
- 可愛い/かわいい (kawaii -> cute; adorable; charming; lovely; pretty; dear; precious; darling; pet; cute little; tiny)
- 怖い/こわい (kowai -> scary; frightening; eerie; dreadful; I'm) afraid)
‘ わ’ at the end:
- 茶話/さわ (sawa -> a chat over tea)
Task: You shall write ‘わ’ 50 - 100 times in your textbook. Memorize the shape, the stroke order, the sound, the pronunciation (echo the sound of the character each time you write it down), etc.
CHARACTER OF THE DAY!
高木 渉 - Takagi Wataru