‘ん’ is romanized ‘n’, pronounced ‘n’ as in ‘man’.
Words with ‘ん’:
‘ ん’ in the middle:
- 信じる/しんじる (shinjiru - to believe; to believe in; to place trust in; to confide in; to have faith in)
- 忍者/にんじゃ (ninja - ninja (persons in feudal Japan who used ninjutsu for the purposes of espionage, assassination, sabotage, etc.))
- 漢字/かんじ (kanji - Chinese characters; kanji)
- 日本語/にほんご (nihongo - Japanese (language))
- 温泉/おんせん (onsen - spa; hot spring; onsen)
- 変態/へんたい (hentai - transformation; metamorphosis; abnormality; pervert)
- 女/おんな (onna – woman)
- 天才/てんさい (tensai - genius; prodigy; natural gift)
‘ ん’ at the end:
- 三/さん (sa n – three)
- 冗談/じょうだん (joudan - joke; funny story)
- 円/えん (en - Yen; money)
- 時間/じかん (jikan - time; hours)
- 蜜柑/みかん (mikan - mandarin orange (esp. the satsuma mandarin, Citrus unshiu))
- 弱点/じゃくてん (jakuten - weak point; weakness)
Task: You shall write ‘ん’ 50 - 100 times in your textbook. Memorize the shape, the stroke order, the sound, the pronunciation (echo the sound of the character each time you write it down), etc.
And after you are finished with that, write ‘わ’, ‘を’, and ‘ん’ one after each repetitively ( etc.) 50 times (100 if you have time).
Note: So this is the final hiragana character we learnt! After one final post about hiragana, we will begin with katakana! Stay tuned!