'か' is romanized 'ka'.
Word beginning with 'か':
- かぎ (kagi -> key)
- 買う/かう (kau -> to buy)
- 傘/かさ (kasa -> umbrella)
- かれ (kare -> he)
- 風/かぜ (kaze -> wind)
The Hiragana か is made with three strokes:
- A horizontal line which turns and ends in a hook facing left.
- A curved vertical line that cuts through the first line.
- A small curved line on the right.
The Japanese character 'ka か (and the other 4)' can easily be modified/change to 'ga/i/u/e/o' by adding two small little curve at the top on the right (look below).
Word with 'が':
- ひらがな (Hiragana -> Japanese characters: hiragana~)
- がき (gaki = brat; kid)
- 'が' is also used for particle indicating a subject. Ex. adding soon.. (we will be introducing the Japanese particles in the future, hopefully. After we finish with the characters~)
Task: You shall write 'か' at least 50 - 100 times in your textbook. If you want, you can also separate them, like write 'か' 80 times and 'が' 20 times. Will be going to the next character in a short time.